Chateau Rauzan Segla 1993
The property's history goes back to 1661, when Pierre de Rauzan, a merchant in the Place de Bordeaux and steward at Château Margaux, acquired the seigniory of Gassies and its vineyard. His descendants continued his work until the Revolution, when the property was split into Rauzan-Ségla and Rauzan-Gassies. In 1855 the two Rauzan were classed as a second grand cru. Today the property belongs to the descendants of Paul Quié, a wine broker who bought it in 1946. The family also owns Château Bel Orme Tronquoy de Lalande and Croizet-Bages. Château Rauzan-Gassies' vineyard consists of numerous small plots spread over one of the Garonne's fossil beds, thereby offering a comprehensive range of soils that provide a good illustration of the terroir's characteristics. A new vat room with stainless steel vats with a capacity of 4,000 hectolitres was built in 1992.